We envision OBCC being an "Antioch Church" with a Spirit-driven, risk-taking, outward orientation that transforms our community one life at a time, and from here-the world, with the life-changing love of Christ! The Antioch church (Acts 11:19-30; 13:1-3) was a high impact church that truly touched the world. Antioch's missional focus was birthed in prayer and resulted in intense training, intentional multicultural outreach, marketplace influence, generous giving, and mission sending. All of this happened through the working of the Holy Spirit. As we look at the picture of the Antioch church may we envision a modern day Antioch church right here in Oak Brook!
- Passionately pursuing God - We will pursue a fully abandoned and vibrant relationship with Jesus and nothing will stop us. Intimacy with Jesus is best cultivated through the Word, prayer, and worship.
- Celebrating life change - We celebrate and take joy in life change and transformation. God’s ultimate purpose for us is to transform us into the image of Jesus.
- Putting others first - We are driven by friendship rather than function and people matter most to us. We will not settle for anything less than healthy, honoring, and life giving relationships. Love will define us as a people. Honesty, transparency, accountability, care, and spiritual growth happen best with relationally connected people.
- Multiplying life - We will wholeheartedly pursue fulfilling the life giving command of Jesus to make disciples. We are disciples that make disciples and we see ourselves as missionaries in every area of our lives.
- Depending on the Holy Spirit - We acknowledge our complete dependence on God for every area of our lives.